Monday, September 28, 2015

'Dream' a new canvas for Scraps of Elegance

Hello my lovely friends....dropping in today to share a canvas I created with
the beautiful kit from Scraps of Elegance.

'Dream'


As you may have noticed, each designer at Scraps of Elegance has a kit named after them. 
The kit for this month is called 'Lisa's Sweet September' ....named after me!

Here is the kit and some of the add ons I used...





To find out where to purchase our kits please visit the store here....
To visit the blog full of inspiration from top designers, please go here...


This is only the second canvas I have ever created! Why I'm not sure, as I really enjoyed making it and it really isn't that complicated. This small 8x8 canvas is the perfect size for beginners.
Just a few easy steps: 
1. I primed the canvas with white gesso, let it dry and then using the stencil that came in the Creativity add on, I added white crackle paste and left that to dry overnight. 
2. I added some of my favourite Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays randomly over the canvas allowing some of the colors to drip down from where my photo will be.  Once dry, I did some stamping with black archival ink over the background. 
3. Using the beautiful embossing powders also from the add on, I embossed some 2 Crafty Chipboard pieces, the butterflies and the title Dream. I LOVE how they turned out, the copper looks so real with it's hints of green 'rust'. You can see which pieces I used here.
4. The last step was to add my embellishments - flowers from the Floral add on, my photograph and glue everything down....voila!! 


I hope you have enjoyed my project and feel inspired to create your own canvas.
This one was the perfect size to start with.

Happy crafting!
Hugs, Lisa


5 comments:

  1. I Reckon you should deffo do more in the future.....it looks really gorgeous. Almost like an outside wall with the terracotta/natural colours you've used! And the chippy! YUM! It makes me want to reach out and touch it all, it's so tactile. ONE DAY I reckon, computers will be able to let you do just that - meanwhile don't mind me while I sit and drool for a bit;)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh.... this is incredibly beautiful! Congrats on the Lisa kit too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning! I love the textures and the use of colors! You are great in whatever you are creating!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...